Sunday, September 23, 2018

The Elusive September

It is September. The month that brings with it so many birthdays, celebrations and festivals in our family. The month that demands all our energy, attention and time. The month that we wait eagerly for a whole year and that which gets over in the blink of the eye. The month that also reminds me how thankful and grateful I should always strive to be. It kind of replenishes and energizes me for the next 11 months. 

It is like the start of the new year for me. I make resolutions, promises to myself and set small, tiny goals to go for. And I'm glad they have been helpful so far.

Our little girl is 9. I knew she was our greatest gift, but I could have never guessed how much of an impact a tiny, little being could make in our lives. It is very difficult to believe 9 years have quickly flown by, while we try to treasure as many moments and learn as many things as possible.

At times, she reminds us of our other family members, but she never lets us forget that she is just as unique too. The stubborn streak, the sheer determination, love and interest for people, the attention to detail, her story writing efforts, music, wild dance, quirky questions, her love for barbies, the color purple, beaches and books, her fear of flying bugs(yes, that includes butterflies too), her dislike for milk and upma - we have come to come to terms with most of them.

The girl was once scared of the electronic rocking horses in the mall. Then there was a phase when she wanted to ride on every one of them and we would whisk her away before  she could spot the next one. And now, she is just not interested in them and I'm not even sure when that happened.

It is fun to see her grow and to wait for what's in store next. Maybe she won't like purple next year! But I just hope and pray that she always carries a little bit of her childhood inside her :)

Happy birthday Adhya and thank you for every little thing that has been possible only because of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts, opinion or suggestions in the form of your comments, Thank you :)