A little more effort makes an occasion more colorful and memorable! Maybe you knew this already but I learnt it better on my daughter’s second birthday.
Till the last few days to her birthday, I was oscillating whether to have a theme around the birthday or not. The reasons were many, ‘she is too small to understand’, ‘there will be only a few guests’, ‘I don’t know if I can manage it’ and so many. But with 2 days to her birthday, a friendly nudge from Shobana made me go for it. And I’m glad I did it J
We decided on making it a Butterfly party. Butterflies are the recent craze of Adhya’s apart from Zoo Zoo. But butterflies seemed to open endless possibilities when it comes to decoration and proved relatively colorful. With bucket loads of suggestions and ideas from Shobana, the butterflies made their way into Adhya’s party.
Here are some of the pics from her birthday.
|Chocolate butterflies on roses.... :P|
I know with some more time, shopping and planning, it could have been even better. But nevertheless, I was happy because Adhya seemed excited with the cake, butterflies around the room and the balloons. And how wrong I was in thinking that she was too small to relate to a theme!
So here are some of my tips or should I say lesson’s learnt ;) that will help you with your kid’s birthday party at home:
- Choose a theme, simple yet something that your kid loves. However small your kid is, he or she will be able to understand it.
- Talk to people who have already organized similar birthdays for ideas.
- Plan ahead of time and look carefully into all aspects. But be prepared for something to go wrong, it just happens.
- Shop from more than one place.
- Keep a checklist. Nothing to beat the good old paper and pen J
- Keep the paper plates, tissues, cups, candles, scissors, cake knife, return gifts, wash cloth and others handy or entrust them with a reliable person.
- Try to finish all the shopping part before the birthday, so that you can enjoy your kid’s birthday without being tired.
- Ho, and take a lot of photographs. However shaky they turn out, they are fun.
And this post wouldn’t be complete without thanking Shobana for all her ideas and help. Thank you Shobana J I can imagine how better she would have done it! And to those who didn’t know already, she and Sudha have come up with FunSquared to add color, life and fun to birthdays. Check them out at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fun-Squared-Where-Every-Party-Is-Unique/207141172650020. Colorful, isn't it?